Apple CEO Tim Cook, announced the unveiling of Apples latest iPad simply calling it “the New Ipad” You can watch the keynote from APPLE. Some of the new specifics of the New Ipad are as follows:
1) New Retina Display that delivers 3.1 million pixels viewed at 2048×1536
Compared to your TV which is at 1920×1080, the new retina display will be beautiful to watch movies and games on.
2) A5X processor that delivers “quad core graphics”
3) iSight Camera with a 5 megapixel Camera. It is basically what is in the Iphone 4S.
4) The Keyboard will now have a “Microphone Icon” that will allow you to perform Voice Dictation rather than typing.
5) 4G LTE connectivity at speeds up to 73 MBPS. Faster than most home internet connections. It will also allow for a personal hotspot. Depending on the carriers AT&T and Verizon, it will be interesting to see what data packages will be available and the pricing.
6) The Battery Life will be 10 hours on wifi only and 9 hours on 4G. That is the same battery life as the current Ipad 2. This is great news, especially with the new processor and display and of course the 4G LTE connection.
7) Basic specs has the New Ipad at 9.4 mm thin, with a weight of 1.4 lbs. Slightly heavier than the Ipad 2.
The pricing for the new Ipad:
WIFI ONLY 4G LTE
16 GB $499 $629
32GB $599 $729
64GB $699 $829
Pre Orders will be taken today through the Apple Store and the New Ipad will be for sale on March 16th. Here is the new commercial for the New iPad. This is a copy of the Press Release.